5/6/10

Event at the Pool


My three kids and I decided to go to the local pool with our neighbors. The kids went into the wading pool and I told them to stay together. The other mom and I positioned our chairs by the side of the pool so we could keep an eye on the kids, and let our toddlers play dip their feet in the water. I was talking to my friend and seconds later Carlie, my 3 year old was gone. For some reason, I happened to turn around, to see her walking over to the main pool. She walked directly under the lifeguard chair and walked into to the pool. No one else saw her. It took me forever to run over to where she fell in and pull her out. I have never seen her eyes so big as when I pulled her out of the water. Even though she was only under for a few seconds I felt sick. What if I hadn’t seen her fall in? What if I had reached her and it was too late? It only took a few seconds for her to wonder off. Two weeks later she still tells me about the time she fell in the pool and mommy saved her. I’m so grateful that nothing happened to my little girl.

2 comments:

  1. That happened to my 2 year old last summer, so I ended up enrolling her in a pretty "tough love" swim program in Pleasant Grove so she would at least be able to turn on her back and float. Not sure where you live, but people come from all over Utah County to get lessons for their little ones from JoD O'Neal of O'Neal Aquatics. Call her at 801-796-9673 and/or visit her Facebook page (O'Neal Aquatics) at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000251061713&ref=ts

    She isn't for the light hearted, though. She's tough but very effective! Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to look at her Facebook page. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete